Today, Passmores is a major manufacturer of quality timber buildings.
We supply Garages, Carriage Houses, Open Barns, Stables and Club Houses throughout the UK and overseas as well as a comprehensive range of Garden Buildings to the South-East.
It's hard to believe that the "seed-corn" for this family business when it started over 100 years ago, was quite literally chicken feed. Grandfather Passmore started the Poultry Farmers Supply Co. out of railway arch premises in Strood High Street at the beginning of the last century.
Chicken feed led to chicken houses and during the 1920's and 30's, the company produced a very wide range of poultry houses. Battery farming gradually killed off the demand but the spread of suburban homes led to an ever increasing need for sheds, both for storage, as well as a garden retreat.
It was in the 1950's that demand for stables, garages and cricket pavilions began to take off. Many of the designs we use today can be traced back to that era.
The original High Street premises, in Strood, now accommodates our offices and a showground village displaying examples of all our products. The majority of the production now takes place in a modern factory nearby.